Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McAfee 8.0/Rightfax/Outlook Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

f3rrar1az

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
US
This issue was found during testing of McAfee 8.0 in our environment.

If you are an 8.0 user and also use Rightfax in your environment and your Outlook clients are locking up regularly this is an issue with Rightfax. I troubleshooted this issue for several days with McAfee until I isolated the crashes to when a new fax arrives from Rightfax in Outlook. Rightfax/Captaris has a patch available to fix this issue although I have yet to install the patch and am still mostly on 7.1.

If you have experienced this issue and applied the Rightfax patch please post if this was successful in resolving the issue.

Thanks

Yeah. We have seen issues with a few applications. Each problem we have solved with applying the latest Mcafee patch for VSE 8.0. I think its up to Patch 7 now.

I should have mentioned we tried patch 7 and it did not help and then when we identified the incoming fax causing the problem McAfee notified us of the Rightfax patch for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back