Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCA - Publishing Recorded Web Conferences 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

308win

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
I cannot figure out how to publish a recorded web conference on my MCA server.

I am able to record at conference and have it saved as an .lrec file on my local computer. It is getting it uploaded to the MCA server and published that has me confused. I can upload the recording into another conference and it shows up as a published doc (obviously). I can't figure out how it becomes a published recording.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There is an option in the preferences tab on the client indicating where you want the recording to take place (either locally or on the server). The recording stays where it is, you can't push/pull from one to the other.

Having said that, if you REALLY need it on the server, the solution would be to create a new recording on the server, then copy/rename your local lrec over the new dummy one that you just created.

No problem, I'll also add this...

If you plan on sharing the recording with other people, use the server recording. The local recording is primarily used when you want to pre-record something and then play that back into a live conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back