Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC32S with 4.5 toggling from F000 to M000 constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellWest

Technical User
Jun 20, 2006
CA
Looking for some help. I have a VGMC card that keeps toggling back and forth from F000 to M000.

As anyone experenced this and are the able to help me resolve this. Not sure is this maybe a network issue or not.

Thanks

Very well could be a network issue. The F000 means it is a follower and the M000 means it is a master. These VGMC cards will register IP phones if configured to do so. Normal state should be F000 if you have signal servers. As phones register to the VGMC cards the F000 will change to Fxxx depending on how many phiones register to it.

Each MC32s card can register up to 128 phones if you didn't know that.

I had a site that did that once and there was a duplicate IP that conflicted with the TLAN IP of the sig server. The SS showed election messages repeating over and over. Unplugged the TLAN cable from the SS and still got a ping reply from that IP. The offending device was a CDR buffer box that was recently installed. Changed the IP on the buffer box, plugged the sig server back in and all went back to normal.

This is a second MC32S card that I am adding. The original card is F000 all the time. The Signaling Server as been in service for about 5 years or more. Therefore the IP address on the Sig Server is not in conflict.

I am leaning to the port on the switch not being set up correctly.

What king of switch is this in? If it is going in an IPE shelf remember that there is a 0 capacitance 10 base t adapter that needs to be installed on the I/O panel. It replaces the one already there. That has caused me some grief in the past.

This is a CS1000B in a MG1000E cabinet, if that is what you are asking.

The software on the CS, SS and VGMC are all 4.5

OK, the adapter I'm talking about is not present on a cabinet or chassis. It's only present when it's in an IPE shelf on a Large Switch. I would make sure your L connector is seated good and all your switch ports are configured in the correct VLAN and set for Auto/Negotiate.

I did notice that the LED labeled A for the TLAN was on steady where as the one on the old card is blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back