Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC32S Unreg

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerickson34

Vendor
Apr 1, 2013
US
I have installed a new MC32s Card and once I unable the card I takes down the existing MC32s card. I only get one way communication on the new card. It shows everything is great but no luck. I have to disable the new card and reset the first to bring the IP phones back up. Any advise on how to get both cards to function at the same time?

My guess is the MC32S card doesn't have the correct loadware. Do you not have any signal servers? What release is your PBX on?

If you are at 6.0 or later you may very well need to join it to the security domain and add it into deployment.

Yes, we have a signaling server. 7.5 is the release with call pilot 5.5. I have joined the security domain and I upgraded the loadware very early in the process. One thing that comes to mind is that their was two choices listed when I was preparing the loadware push. Would the second one be a patch that may be needed also?? I'm not sure how to view what loadware patches may be installed on the functioning mc32s.

No patches that I'm aware of. Your file should be IPL75017.mc32s. The other file you are seeing is probably IPL75017.sa. That file is for a MC32 card and not the MC32S. When you stat the card does it show the channels as registered?

Did this get resolved? Is there and IP address conflict?

Okay, no IP address problems can ping both the card and the dsp server. The problem is that once I enable the card it will take the other MC32s card down and the new card will only have one way communications.

I would make sure you sent the correct loadware file of IPL75017.mc32s to the card. I would also connect to the serial port on the card and see what it is doing or telnet to the card and see what if any errors it is kicking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back