Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBX folder missing from M:\domain\ virtual drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITMax

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2003
US
I have been unsuccessful in restoring this folder it just up and disappeared.

I was wondering if it actually did have anything to do with the database for the information store?
priv1.edb 3315MB
priv1 1308MB
Priv2 10383MB
priv2.edb 6393MB

These databases were initially set to a data drive on the raid 5 partition (with 67gb total space) and at the moment the free space is well over 30gb left.

all services are started and both mail and public stores are mounted but m:\(domain)\MBX is missing still, any help would be greatly appreciated.

waves

addendum

the M drive saize of course is 16gb it has 9.2gb FREE space.

Are you getting any type of event code in event viewer.
Take the information store service down and restart that service and see if you have any new event id show up in the viewer.

This is classic .. your mailbox is overlimit .. exchange standard has 16gb limit,, the 9.2 gig free is becuase the information store of 10.3g fails to start.

there is a registry entry to allow you to set (temporarily) your mailbox size to 17g so u can go in on to the most offending accounts to clean up the individual mail archive a lot of junk. (it is not recommended to do this via the virtual drive)

the registry entry is
HKLM>SYSTEM>CCS>SERVICES>MSEXCHANGEIS>

add (new Dword) the following

Temporary DB Size Limit Extension (value=1)

It is case and space sensitive
then restart

after reading further .. it was a classic case, however what confused me was NO errors, only warnings about space and everything started and mounted .. (mailbox and public folders) even though the information store said it was started and the mailbox was MOUNTED,.. it wasnt working so you must always check the size of priv2 and priv2.edb
if the total exceeds 16gb on exchange standard then thats the problem.

wavescg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back