Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBoard Manufacturer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwarner

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
I have a three year old PIII computer and I need to find out the manufacturer and type of motherboard, in order to perform a BIOS upgrade. Can anyone help? The information I have from bootup screen is as follows:

Award modular BIOS v4.51PG

Version QQ412

7/13/1999-693a-596Bb-W97-2A6LFF0AC-00

Thanks.

Barry

Thanks for the quick reply. I ran the utility, but under Motherboard physical information it reads: Not available.
It did mention Motherboard ID (the long string of numbers I mention in my original post, motherboard model (FIC KA-6110/6130, and CPU alias (Katmai, A80525).

Howdy Barry:

You answered your own question.. Yourmotherboard manufacturer is FIC. The model is a KA6110/6130

Do a search for KIC and go to their homepage.. Search your particular model and see if there is a BIOS upgrade !!

Murray

try installing SOFTWEAR SANDRA tells you everything about the inside of pc..system summary etc... email me and ill send you the softewear..ok
georgebroad957@msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back