Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBG Upgrades online

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345kevin

Vendor
Feb 15, 2006
GB
Below is the installed and available software to install on the MBG. Is there any specific order in which to process these as last time a colleague tried it on another site it all went wrong. I would much prefer to go to site and do a save and reinstall. However time is not on our side.

Mitel Border Gateway A secure gateway for VoIP traffic and associated Mitel applications

installed Upgrade (V7.1.39.0)
Upgrade (V7.0.15.0)
Upgrade (V6.1.10.0)
Upgrade (V6.0.11.0)
installed (V5.2.23.0) View
View
View
View
View
Web Proxy Enable remote access to Mitel end-user interfaces
Install (V2.0.7.0)
ServiceLink ServiceLink for Mitel Standard Linux

installed Upgrade (V9.4.36.0)
Upgrade (V9.4.28.0)
Upgrade (V9.1.40.0)
installed (V9.1.29.0)

Im not understanding the SW version

It seems to say that you have both 5.2 installed AND 7.1.39

Same with MSL 9.1 AND 9.4

What version is running?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Looks like that was just an alignment problem when I copied and pasted. Missed it when I did it

5.2 and 9.1 are the installed. The others are there for upgrading. Just want to ensure I do them in the right order or can I just go 9.4 and then 7.1 ?

Thanks

Rel 9.1 Release Notes said:
An upgrade to the latest release of 9.1 is only supported from MBG 7.1 or newer
9.1 systems must be 64 bit compatible
9.0 release Notes said:
An upgrade to MiVBG 9.0 is only supported from MBG 5.2 or newer or SRC 2.2. An MSL upgrade is available from MSL 10.0. An install of MSL 10.1 is required from MSL versions previous to 10.0. A Remote Fresh Install can be performed from the blades panel if upgrading from MSL 9.3 or 9.4, otherwise an upgrade via CD is necessary.
If upgrading from a release of MBG or Teleworker previous to 5.2, please consult the MBG 5.2 (SP-1) release notes for procedures and caveats.
If upgrading from a release of SRC previous to 2.2, please consult the SRC 2.2 (SP-1) release notes for procedures and caveats.

I'll leave it to you to dig for more info

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

how much data is on the MBg , might be quicker to create screenshots , wipe it and load latest and then reprogram.
otherwise you would be safest by upgrading 1 level at a time. (or read all the release notes if you want to save some jumps)

From memory its normally MSL level first then MBG level

If it was me id screenshot and wipe.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I would look at your hardware to verify 64 bit operation. MSL is requiring it now I believe as of the lastest. MBG isn't a big blade and I don't recall not being able to upgrade. The only thing that comes up is if it connects to a MAS make sure they run the same version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back