Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBG SIP trunking problem with PSTN in incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImanM93

Systems Engineer
Jul 16, 2018
IR
Hello guys,

I've been facing a problem for a while when I use MBG as a gateway between Mitel MXe III and PSTN sip trunk.
I have 68781000 as my DID number, I haven't had any problem in my outgoing calls but in my incoming calls I'm failed.
As I captured the packets via WireShark I realized that I have a problem in my ICP side, meaning that I receive all packets from PSTN side and when it comes to my ICP side the replied answer from MXe III is as below:
MBG ----------------------------------------------- MXe III
5060 -----Invite SDP (g711A g711U g729) GSM-----> 5060
5060 <----------------100 Trying---------------------- 5060
5060 <--------------404 Not Found-------------------- 5060
5060 --------------------ACK--------------------------> 5060

I would be thankful if any one can provide me with a proper answer or any suggestion.
Thank you all in advance.

Software versions are always helpful

On MBg do you have a routing rule for incoming ?

also what have you done on the MCD for the incoming call , are you using DID routing

does packet capture show the same digits youhave in teh DID routing as arrivingon the incoming call?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Also, have you configured angthing on the SIP Peer Profile assignment by incoming DID? Always help when getting not found.

And check what Bill has suggested, Have you enabled DID on the Trunk Service, how are you routing the call to the destination?

Cheers,

Daniel

Thank you Billz66 and danramirez.
Here is some more information.
First of all I've submitted "CCS Trace Enable Continuous" in Mitel Controller, but the controller didn't receive any digits (I mean there is nothing appears in command page)
Also, about incoming rule I've attached the MBG configuration and Trunk Service (in Mitel controller).
Please let me know what shall I do [banghead]

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=98568222-78ce-47f1-9350-baf3dd5d04a0&file=SipTrunking.jpg
you have direct inward dialling disabled and the trunk set to absorb 0 digits
whats the incoming number going to match with ?
do you have a full length speed call translating the number to an extension ?
if you put the full number into the DID routing table and turn on Direct Inward dialling service
you might have some luck

also the MBg is set to look at from hearder
we normally use request

it may also be a carrier issue or perhaps they are not sending the digits that you are expecting

try logging into the MBg using putty as root and run this
tail -f /var/log/tug/tug.log |grep sip

then make a call in and see if you see any activity
also check what number is shwoing if you see it at all

if you dont see anything , its possibly carrier related

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks.
It's not career problem for sure, because in my first post I said that the problem is between ICP and MBG.
I also used tcpdump -i eth0 src IP and dst IP to ensure that MBG is receiving the packets from career.
Furthermore, I've configured a Sip trunk between ICP and PSTN via Elastix and it hadn't any problem and incoming and outgoing calls both were working properly, but when it comes to MBG the problem will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back