Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBG MiNet devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoidheach

Technical User
Oct 31, 2011
US
Hi I have Mitel Border Gateway running on MAS 5.0.116.0 and have 8 MiNet devices working, which are 5330 and 5340 IP phones. I replaced 3 of the phones and now they wont connect to vMCD1, my main 3300 controller. Under the Current ICP column it shows unknown and a red X in the connected column on MBG.
We did change a few from 5330 to 5330E or 5340E and that was it.
I need to get these reconnected as they also run through Oaisys recording.
Thanks in advance for any info

In the VMCD1, make sure you program the have the same type of phone that you installed.

Yes that was done and everything looks correct

Actually my apologies, in vMCD1 it is a 5340E, physically it is a 5340E, but in MBG it just shows as 5340. Would that make a difference? Can you change that to 5340E in MGB? I dont see anywhere you can change it or doesnt it matter?

I would delete them in the MBg and then get them to power cycle the handsets , when they reconnect they should either be asked for the installer password ( from MBG) or you will need to manually enable them in MBG

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you for that answer, I also got that info from someone else yesterday and am trying it this morning and will let you know. I had to add the installer password yesterday as it was not in MBG. I am not quite sure how the previous techs had installed these phones originally as they have been in place for 2 years.

We had to set the phones as teleworker phones on the set and put the MBG ip in and all is working. Not sure if something was not set up right initially in MBG or what but the installer password never came up...........Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back