Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAXUPROC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRisc

MIS
Jun 8, 2000
US
Can I specify the maximum processes allowed on a user basis??<br><br>I can set it system wide but I would like to set it per user.<br><br>Thanks,<br>NeoRisc

Yes you can. It is a kernel parameter - configurable in smit but I can't remember what it's called..... sorry <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

You can change the maximum number of processes allowed per user in smit.<br>&nbsp;- smit system<br>&nbsp;- Change/show characteristics of Operating system<br><br>Hope it will help

The parameter you set at <b>smit chgsys</b> or with <b>chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=</b><font color=red>n</font> is GLOBAL... you can't set it for individual users. But I guess you can use Workload Manager with some tricks for that.<br><br>I hope it works...

Elgis is right you can not set up for individual&nbsp;&nbsp;users hopefully in AIX 5.0 probably due out in december of 2000 or early 2001 they have made this possible would be great for <br>system performance tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back