Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum 'queue-to' statements in vectors 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloTCMS30

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2006
US
Can anyone confirm that vectors are limited to 3 'queue-to' statements? Apparently, they have attempted to use 4 statements in the past and the vectors failed to run correctly. I know that you can add 'numerous' statements and the system allows the entry.

Any vector experts out there that can confirm or deny this? We are running 3.1...

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide...

It's possible to queue a call to a maximum of three skills simultaneously.

The maximum is 3.

A great document to reference for "limits" of systems is Doc# 03-300511 Avaya Communication Manager System Capacities Table (this is specifically for Release 3.1) which you can find by searching for 03-300511 at support.avaya.com

Other versions can be found by simply searching for system capacities table.

Thanks assist24 and Stinney for your responses. I will have to offer a workaround of sorts...

Just a thought, I've encountered this max of 3 skill queuing. So what I did instead was use Best Service Routing. You can "consider" any number of skills, and then queue the call to the "best" of the skills. "best" skill means the skill with available agents or with the lowest wait time.

For example, let's say you need to queue a call to 4 different skills. Here's the vector

consider skill 1 ..
consider skill 2 ..
consider skill 3 ..
consider skill 4 ..
queue-to best

The "consider" step just checks if there are available agents, or what the wait time is. Then the "queue-to best" will decide which of the previous "considered" skills had the best conditions to route the call.

The VECTORING GUIDE has information on this. I learned more by guess and by gosh.

Hopefully this will give you another direction.

-y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back