Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum file size

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenRoberts

Technical User
Mar 1, 2007
GB
Hi, this is my first posting to the site and so far have found some really useful info.
I'm using premiere 6.0 and have just exported a large file as .avi - 12.5 gb and am planning to use nero to burn the movie to DVD.
However the exported file won't play in either Windows media player or nero showtime. I've also tried to import the .avi file into a new premiere project but Premiere won't import the file saying "file is either damaged, an unsupported type, locked or in use by another application". Needless to say I don't have the file open with another application etc. Nero won't let me burn the file to dvd either.
I've exported the file twice with the same result.
Really am not sure what the problem is and where to start looking. Any help/advice would be really appreciated!!

Sounds suspiciously like the AVI file is corrupt in some way.

I would suggest deleting all preview files from the original project, re-rendering, and playing the timeline to check for glitches before trying the export again.

OK I've deleted all the preview files and re rendered then exported with same settings with same results. I tried cutting the length of the file down from 56 mins to about 30 mins producing a 5gb file - same result. When I cut file down to about 20 mins it was OK?!
I then checked out the settings; Exporting was set to 29fps and capture and project was 25fps. I just altered this (export to 35fps) and now waiting for the whole 56mins to be re exported.
Will this make the difference??

I assume you mean 25, not 35 fps.

Exporting to NTSC-like settings from a PAL original could be the problem because frame sizes won't match the expected format.

I guess you'll find out soon !

Yes sorry I did mean 25 fps and it didn't work - same messages as before. So now I'm really stuck, any ideas?

I can't immediately identify the problem from the information available.

It would be worth checking all the other settings in the export dialogue. In particular, check the CODEC. If there is a suitable preset, use that rather than making one of your own, and ideally choose the same as the footage and project to reduce transcoding time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back