Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum distance from ISDN 30 - Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

muirt

Technical User
Sep 5, 2014
GB
I have an ISDN30 that is located 61 metres away from the switch and was wondering if the distance could cause problems? We are having bad quality on incoming calls only and wondered if the distance could be the issue. I was told that I would be safe within 100 metres but can not find any indudtry standard ruling on this. Does anyone know the recomended distance limitations and do you know where I can locate the industry standard rule on this?

THANKS

I am in the USA so I don't know off the top of my head. But it will be exactly the same distance as for an E1 since the ISDN-30 is CEPT E1 at Layer 1.

DO your searching with CEPT E1 instead of ISDN and I expect you will find something fairly easily.

However, to get back to your problem. You say the problem is on incoming calls only. Do you have separate ISDN-30's for incoming vs outgoing calls?

If a single ISDN PRI is handling both types of calls it is probably not the ISDN, though it could be a rare case where some channels have problems and others do not.

Please update where you are as I know my response it late.

-------------------------------------------

TIP: If you ask a better question, you will get a better reply. Be specific so we can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back