Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum delay for Prejob scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWShade

MIS
Oct 20, 2004
GB
Guys

Windows 2000 server,Brightstor version 9

I have a pre-job script to be run on my backup, and in the live environment this takes two hours to run on average. The job in Test only takes nine minutes. At the moment a scheduled task is run, then the timed backup job, obviously this does not allow for over-runs.

I've set up my pre-job in the test environment and it runs immediately after the script finishes,which is all hunky dorey. However when I set the delay to 180 mintues, Arcserve throws a bit of a wobbly.

It accepts the time, but when you go back in to the properties of the job, it lists it as 100 minutes. Double click the field to modify it again, and it reverts to 180 minutes. The upshot of this is that I do not know how long the delay is actually for, and I do not want to risk the backup starting in my live environment before the script has finished.

Have any of you seen this issue before, and can you shed any light?

Cheers

Allen

Guys

still looking for advice for this one.

Anyone?

Sounds like you found a bug,
the manager and back end our working off different values.
My advice - open an e-mail support issue on it with CA. I think the e-mail support is free.

FYI

It's a bug.

The software will use whatever you type in as the delay, it just won't show it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back