Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum addresses in BCC Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinl

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm mailing a mailer to our collector base that we have developed. But I 'm using CDONTS, and I'm sending the email to about 8600 collectors. If i create a new email for every person , i nearly takes our exchange server to its knees.

So what i'm doing is putting everyone in the BCC field.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of BCC addresses in the BCC field?
OR does it matter per exchange server?

Thanx,

kinl

Anyone know the answer to this? Our state Lottery website that I maintain needs the ability to send out the daily winning numbers to the 6,000 or so folks who have subscribed to receive them.

Thanks.

I used 1000 for it, and it seemed to work just fine.

But that was for my server. I dont know what kind of outbound server you using. Make sure your ADMIN didnt set up something that does NOT allow you to send out that many people in the BCC field, but I basically have 1000 email addresses in the BCC field and I'm only sending about 20 emails for all of my customers.

hope that helps.

-k-

what exactly is the problem/error you are getting Saturday 12.00
im6.gif
im2.gif
im2.gif
im5.gif
im4.gif
im7.gif
3.00am
im8.gif
Sunday [img http

Personally, I would not send anything over 2000 emails with CDONTS and that's streaching your server.

What I've done in the past is break it into sets of a determined amount BUT, only sending them "a Link" with their identifying ID's attached to the link taking hem to a page to view their information...
[tt]
[sup]"The only ideas that will work for you are the ones you put to work."[/sup]
[/tt]

banana.gif
rockband.gif
banana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back