Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximizing IE windows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accessdabbler

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
CA
Whenever I pick a web page from my Favourites, the IE window opens but it is not maximized. Also, opening a link in a new window gives me an IE window that is not maximized.

Is there a registry tweak or utility that will force all new IE windows to always open maximized? Having to do Alt + Space then X, day in and day out is starting to get on my nerves....

hi,

check this regisrty key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows]
"width"=hex:00,00,00,80
"height"=hex:00,00,00,00
"x"=hex:00,00,00,80
"y"=hex:00,00,00,00
"Maximized"="yes"

if you yes to maximised it will opn internet explorer in maximised windows if you say no then it will open the width you specified .

HTH Aslam

I'm not sure who "starred" your post but it did NOT solve the problem. In my registry, maximized is set to YES but new IE windows do not open maximized.

Any more suggestions?

This is a "feature" of windows.
Since IE is built in, it cannot be opened except in a "Window"
if you could open it maximized, it wouldn't be a "Windows" componenet
The only "cure" is to manually expand IE until it fills the screen. There is no way to have new windows open maximized

Accessdabbler

I also dont know who has marked star for the post but i'll tell you another way to maximized the internet explorer for each new windows cause this method is working for me try and check

I have no problem opening new windows if (for the last IE window open) - before you close it - size it the way you want it then hold the control key down and click on the X icon to close browser window. All new windows (all browser views will default to this size.)

this will work not only for internett explorer but also for Windows Exlporer. etc..
Aslam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back