Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximize an App when it opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2001
CA
I have another file associations question. I have a Word 2000 document that is linked to a lot of other documents using Word's hyperlink capabilities. The linked-to documents are in adobe acrobat and are working properly. This is on a Windows 2000 Pro workstation.

However, when Adobe opens, it is not in a maximized state and I would like it to be. I had a look at the file associations for a pdf document and cannot find anyway to specify that adobe should open as maximized. Windows provides a maximize option if you use a shortcut to the actual program file, but this hyperlink method seems to use the acrobat.exe file to launch Adobe directly.

Does anybody have any idea how this can be done? Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Schaffer

Open Adobe, Edit, Preferences. Fiddle with the settings for Page Display.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have done that already. Nothing in there allows me to have acrobat open in a maximized position. I have been through everything in the preferences dialog box not just the display settings and have found nothing.

You can set it to 200% and it won't make any difference. It just runs the text off the screen so thatyou have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view everything on the page.

How about a registry setting that controls the initial windows state?

I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back