Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximaze only one window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarty

Programmer
Apr 12, 2001
BE
Is it possible to maximaze only 1 window and keep the other windows as they were, are and will be?

In my experience, you cannot have one window maximized and the others in "restore" mode, i.e. their original size. The only way round this that I can think of is to have all windows "restored" but size the one you want maximized to fill the screen, so that it will default to this size. May not be exactly what you want but it is the nearest I have been able to get.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can code forms (and probably other objects) in your db to maximize such as for the On Open event:

[form_YourForm].maximize

(and there's probably a minimize option, but I've never used it).

Correct, Dor100, but this will maximize ALL open forms, not just the one that the code refers to. If only one form is visible at any one time, you can put maximize and restore commands in each one as necessary (in the form's Open event) and that will probably do what Smarty wants. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

I agonized over this same problem for about a week before I came to the realization that AlexMidd's first answer is about the best solution: with all forms in their small ("restore") size, manually set the size of form you want "maximized" to fill the screen.

The only other way to have one form a different size from all other open forms is to set the Pop-up, Modal and BorderSize properties. This wasn't a feasible solution for me, and I doubt it's a good solution for Smarty.

Ok I will tell you what seems to work for me. I like using customized dialog forms hovering over a maximized main screen. The trick is setting the type of form to dialog, and popup. This will prevent the form from reverting to maximized. As a bonus both forms are totally independant of each other. You could be running totally seperate operations on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back