Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max values that can be passed to a parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodprg

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
US
Hello

We are on CR10, CE10 and Oracle 10g.

We have a custom app (java) which uses the sdk to call the reports from CE10. I have a report which has one parameter. If I pass 100 values to this parameter the report runs fine from the app but if I pass 1000 or more value then this report fails with an error

com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportInteractiveViewer
Error in formula . '{T_CR_CERTIFICATES.STATUS} = "Y" and ' The formula is too complex. Try simplifying it. Details: errorKind. File 1638491485b0021b.rpt.

Is there a max value that can be passed to a report or is this an bug (do they have a patch to fix this?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Multi-value parameters in Crystal are treated as arrays.
Arrays in Crystal can have a maximum of 1000 elements.
I don't think there's a way to increase this.
Maybe you could create 2 (or 3 or 4) parameters and if your list is greater than 1000 span to the 2nd parameter.

Bob Suruncle

Thanks for your reply.

If I create 2 (or 3 or 4) parameters how will I specify that when >1000 then move to 2nd parameter? and so forth?

Since you're calling from an application you should be able to determine the # of values you're sending.

Bob Suruncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back