Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max processing time or Max records limit reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

oticonaus

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
AU
We have recently upgraded to Crystal Reports Server XI R2 (From Crystal Reports Server XI) and I have a problem with one report which gives me the error "Max processing time or Max records limit reached".

I have changed the settings for the Report Application Server : Max Number of Records to Unlimited. I then restarted the service and that hasn't helped.

I also tried changing the Max Number of Records to 300,000 (as there are approx 255,000 records in the report) but that did not help either.

Is this something special with R2? It did not cause us any problems before the migration.

You may find that the report is interpreted differently.

For instance the record selection may not be passed in the SQL, or the joins are now different, either of which might cause more rows than expected.

So you'll want to post specifics, such as the database and connectivity being used.

The the record selection formula, and I would test what's under the Databsae->Show SQL Query in both versions for differences.

-k

Hi synapsevampire,

As I prepared my answer this morning and started testing again, I was surprised to find that the report worked!

I can only assume that the settings that we updated on Friday afternoon relating to the maximum number of records for CRS to return did not get applied straight away?

So I guess that it is not an issue with the report or the datasources, but rather with the configuration of CRS.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Even if you make those changes in the CMC they do not take effect until the services are stopped and restarted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back