Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max processing time or Max records limit reached 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo1

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
GB
I'm getting the following error when i preview a crystal report (Crystal Xi) on Business Objects. (It is fine when i run it from crystal though). There are approx. 30 million recordds in the oracle database for this report:

Error in File All Sensor Readings between 2 dates and times (Summary).rpt: Max processing time or Max records limit reached

Does anyone know how to get round this?

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone using a report that needed 30 million rows in it, it would take a lifetime for a user to go through that many rows, so optimize the query to return what is required.

You can set the timeout and the maximum number of records in the CMC:

0 12490212

But again, you need some professional help with optimizing the query, ask your dba to show you the proper query (you can paste it in using Add Command under the Oracle connection) or to set up a view or SP for you, this sort of processing overhead is unacceptable in any shop.

-k

thanks for the speedy response - you're a star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back