Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max number of users for a database......

Status
Not open for further replies.

edrest

Programmer
Apr 22, 2000
US
What is the max number of users in a muti user environment? I heard 5, and 15. Which is it?<br> <p>Tom Gahagan<br><a href=mailto:edrest@alltel.net>edrest@alltel.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>REST<br>
<br>
Your my reason for reason.... Carlos Santana

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Well it's certainly not five, as I work with an Access database that handles around 15-20 people concurrently.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not really sure what the &quot;limit&quot; of users is, though I would assume it would directly relate to how well the database was written, and how well the network was administered. <p>xtreme1<br><a href=mailto:rbio@excite.com>rbio@excite.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Access might support more than 5 users, but getting optimal performance from an MSDE strictly recommends 5 simultaneous users or less. The first two questions in this FAQ states clearly so:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Narayanan Srinivasan<br><a href=mailto:coolie91@hotmail.com>coolie91@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Brothers and Sisters from India, if you have any recent news regarding F-1 to H-1B visa transfer, please e-mail me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back