Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAX number of MICS networked together 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
What is the max number of MICS that can be "networked" either locally or off site together to form a major integrated network?

From handbook 10...

Norstar-to-Norstar Networking – provides customers with the option of networking up to 10 Norstar sites together to take advantage of CallPilot 150 (Release 2.0) as the centralized voicemail solution. Message waiting indication from CallPilot 150 is delivered across the network to all users with mailboxes.

Marv

yes I 2 thought that the maximum was 4 because you got a total of 4 d t I card that would be installed in the cabinets.

with the new system I just recently installed for 320 extention there are some drawbacks to the central messaging using n a m 4.1

Yep you'd go PtoP PRI from site to site. Add MCDN for centralized voice mail.

At least thats what the install manual says. Never done one only been reading the book.

Marv

Can this be done locally for a super large installation at one site?

I'm sure it can be locally done as well. One side of the "PRI/T1" would have to supply the clock and you would connect together using a crossover cable.

Marv

what is the total number of directory numbers in this theoretical march installation?

32+(11x16) 208 stn ports per site. One Expansion will have to be a Trk Module to support loop or PRI to the outside world. although some sites could use another site's trunks or PRI to the outside world. You've got to be careful about blocking the PtP PRI's with trunk traffic.

Your biggest limitation will be voice mail boxes. CP 150 I think is 200 boxes. Or don't use centralized voice mail. Don't forget to subtract 4 ports for voicemail.

Of course this is all theory and may not work.

You can do a 6 digit numbering plan

System A 201xxx
System B 202xxx
System C 203xxx
System J 210xxx

Marv

How many now?

comp. A = access code x, xx, xxx, etc. to route xxx, the dial out is setup to accesses

one of comp B's access codes to a route
that accesses

one of Comp. C ‘s access codes to a route that accesses one of

Comp. D’s ETC.

Hypothetically of coarse or maybe not

Systems with MCDN can be networked ad-infitum, or at least until the dest codes/routing is extinguished. 1-SL1 in, 1-SL1 out per system, with another trunk module as a local PRI. As long as the routing is correct and the trunks can access each other, then you can have calls flowing all kinds of directions until the channels are full.

Unfortunately with the MICS and SL1 programming there is no TAT/TRO as there is with VOIP (which is system to system). But in essence I could create a routing loop (think the old intranet "ring" structure rather than a "mesh" structure) in this sense. Because I can create DEST CODES and ROUTE entries on a per system bases that will direct enough calls to max out the trunks needed, which would be 23 channels point-to-point.

--DB

What is the NAM or CP was eliminated and in it's place you use a centralized after market voice mail system like DuVoice?

the have been around for a long time now and they can integrate with any switch. And they even have Hospitality and PMS services.

You still need it on your network somewhere. What's wrong with the NAM? 16 voice channels seems the only limitation. 1000 mailboxes by default and I have never came close to using them all.

--DB

well for 1 I can't use feature 981 except on system A. the rest have to dial the extension and there are limitations with the interaction of the displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back