Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max Non-IO Desktop heap W2K Advanced Sever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi123

Programmer
Apr 14, 2003
HR
I have to increase Non-IO Desktop heap (Oracle iAS, new users)
Current values in registry are: 1024,3072,512,512 (four values - advanced server)
After I changed third value to 1024 some services didn't start after reboot (despite one is actually increasing value for services). Finaly I decreased 3072 to 2560 and increased third value from 512 to 768, first and last value remained unchanged. Desktop heap is limited to 48 Mb, is there total number for all values and how low I can go with second value (it seems 128, but actually even 2048 on my server didn't work, again some services didn't start).

Dubi

Actualy even 2560 for second value didn't work.

I have solved my problem, at least for some time till heap requirement does not exceed current settings. The following technical report was most usefull for understanding desktop heap settings and mutual relations. It is from IBM site, but one can gain knowledge even if he is not using IBM product.

Here is the link:

It is important here to note as one increase third value for some purpose, he is actually decreasing number of services that can start with W2K OS, so one must reduce number of services or allow service to interact with desktop (only for services with Log On As Local System) or start process in conventional way (not as service).

Regrads

Dubravko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back