Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Max No. of records - this is not a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottian

Programmer
Jul 3, 2003
GB
Ive read lots of posts and articles about the maximum number of records aloud in a table and most seem to state that its table size that counts (1G, Access 97) but ive just imported some files into a single table and it now contains 1,717,662 records. I was just wondering if anyone else has topped this figure.

"My God! It's full of stars...

I have a table with almost 3 million records in it. It is in a back end database. I link to this table. However, if the actual size of a database approachs or exceeds 1 gig. strange things begin to happen. You get error messages that have nothing to do with what the actual problem is.

Cindy

just because you have 1,717,662+ records doesn't mean the size of your table, or database is over 1Gb...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

p.s. 1,717,662 is actually 1.7 million, you'd need about 590 times more records to get over 1 trillion...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

You now have the opportunity to show everyone that Jet is clever. Put an index on your table then join it to another table and issue a select, via the join, that only targets one record. Hopfully it will run in the blink of an eye...

I have a table that currently contains 2,226,753 records and grows by approximately 18,000 records per month.

So far Jet has had no difficulties dealing with this number of records.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Never thought this was a big deal. Have a copy of a GL transaction table that has over 9 Million records and growing. Have just never put it in SQL Server

DB is simply used for what databases are designed for HOLDING DATA.

No queries, forms, reports etc......

Table is well designed (as usual) File size is about 460 meg and stays pretty compacted.

I used to think that a Million was impressive until I understood our progressive income tax system LOL

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back