Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

max DSPs in AS5300

Status
Not open for further replies.

suranji

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
LK
Hi
I have a cisco AS5300 with 8 E1 ports. And there another two free slots are available. Can I user all 8 E1 ports simultaniously for VOIP calls. That means are there 120 dsp modules available to fix them into free slots of AS5300 and operate it as voice gateway for 240 concurrent VOIP calls ? Please tell me anybody used this AS5300 .

Thanks
-su

well, the AS5300 has 3 slots.. typically u will have one slot supporting up to 8 E-1's, and the extra two slots handling your DSPs...

assuming u are using MICA modems, each chip has 12 DSPs.. each board supports up to 10 12-port MICA chips.. so u are looking at 240 DSPs in a fully populated chassis..

to coin it, 8 E-1 ports will give you up to 240 simultaneous connections, so u are covered.. just get the whole thing populated..

good luck..

Hi

Here I am looking for DSP cards separately for Voice termination to the PSTN. As far as I know MICA modems can't do this job !!! What is the maximum DSPs can be used in AS5300 ?

-su

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back