Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAX 9.20: Invalid request ID in Print Job file

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
Hello,

When trying to use Monitor Print Queues from the Meridian MAX Diagnostics menu I get a line of text:

Print Monitor terminated, invalid request ID in Print job file.

Is there any way to clear this error or flush the print jobs so I can look at the print queues? I only have access to the maintenance programs via the menu and not the command line. Thanks,

Greg

I am having the exact same problem - it was suggested to me that I perform a complete powerdown with back up and all - however that did not work. I tried deleting printers, that did not work. I was then told that I need to go to every MTE session that has a local printer defined, delete it and then add it back so that the numbering scheme would change. I haven't tried this yet since our site in question is practically across the state. Hope any of this helps, or if anyone knows how this can be resolved, please let us know....

Thanks,
Les

Les,

I ended up opening a ticket with our vendor. One of their techs needed to get in at the Unix level and do some work in order to fix the problem. Since it was done remotely I didn't have a chance to watch exactly what they did, but it didn't take them very long to clear it up. Good luck,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back