Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MATworx for PIN code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariku

Technical User
May 30, 2011
AU
We have a IPS2000. How do I add a PIN # for new user using the MATworX32? We use Dterm Seriesi. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ariku.

Authority code. I have been using a call accounting program(CAAB Ti)to allocate authority codes to a few of our admin users for outbound call access-unrestricted.The rest of the phones are partially restricted (code 55)-local only.
The problem I have been having for the past few months is that any new authority code that I enter does not register.So I'd like to use MATworX to enter the authority codes or even find out the problem. I am familliar with MOC thanks to you guys!Will gladly move on if someone can put my foot on the right track.

Thanks.

Ariku.

First I would be checking the Cmd 2A settings for those that work and those that don't

Hi Ozzie,
This is what I have for the following autority codes using CMD 2A00 and 2A10.

2A00>2904:0739
2A10>0739:1 working perfectly

2A00>2905:2123
2A10>2123:3 does not work.

2A00>2468:0610
2A10>0610:3 does not work

2A00>2222:NONE does not work

The 2nd Data in CMD2A10 shows 1 (validate ID code)for auth code 2904.Is this why this code is working normaly?

For auth codes 2905 and 2468 the 2nd DATA shows 3(invalidate ID code). I have changed the 3 to 1(validate ID code) and the codes are working again!!

For auth code 2222 there is no 2nd Data(NONE).How do I make this code work? What commands do I use?

Many thanks.

Ariku.

It seems there has been somewhat of an overkill on the system. Cmd 2A00 allows you to assign an authorisation code to a pattern which you then go on to set up how that functions. It would seem you have been setting up patterns for each individual auth code. You could instead have the example below.

2A00>2904:0739
2A10>0739:1 working perfectly

Then set

2A00>2222:0739

And 2222 will be able to do the same as 2904

You simply create a set of patterns (or use the ones you already have) and keep assigning those patterns according to needs,

Thanks OzzieG. I have followed your suggestion and problem solved.I have decided to follow your pattern for the working auth codes as well for simplicity. [shadeshappy]

Many Many thanks for your help OzzieG.Really appreciate it.

Ariku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back