Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Match colors to PMS colors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita03

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
My printer is asking me to match and tell them the PMS colors for the colors I have used in pagemaker (and indesign). How do I match them up or is there a particular library of colors that I should use which is the same as the standard PMS colors?
Thanks,
Anita

Thanks, John, that helped me understand spot colors and PMS. But when I check the color libraries in photoshop, indesign cs and pagemaker 7 they are all different, Which one is common between them - so I can import an image from photoshop and then blend it in pagemaker or indesign where you cannot see the color difference, just a picture on a colored page. The image does not stand out as a separate box on the page.
Thanks again,
Anita

Hi, Anita,

PM's Colour Management is pretty poor. I never activate it.

But this page in the PM KB should help:
Producing Consistent Colour Between Photoshop and PageMaker By Using a CMYK Workflow (Photoshop 7.0, PageMaker 7.0)

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back