Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAT004

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgray

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Hey folks,
I'm using the DBA function in OTM to collect traffic (not CDR) from multiple Meridian 1's. Over 30 of them, 11's 61's and 81's and they all work except for one, where the connect from OTM fails and the option 11 gives a MAT004 error (incorrect login/password).
I can connect to the switch via I.P. rlogin protocall for administration; BUF is enabled in LD 117; DBA and MAT packages are in the PBX; and I've tried enough times S-L-O-W-L-Y re-entering the password (level 1 and level 2) in OTM that I know that's not the issue either.
I set this one up the same as all the others--is there something I'm missing here?? Thanks!

is this one switch a newer rls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

25.30, and I have others working on the same rel.

can you attempt to log on to that port from a term? i know that you may not be local but the port itself could be bad, i have had to add mtc to ports for testing

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OTM isn't logging into a tty port since it's IP. we checked the pty port programming and it's ok.

meaning your port is vtty, i usually check ports locally before i decide which way to go. i know that is not as layer one as an async port but it's either a bad port, seb of blocked port on the network.. just trying to help decide which leg is open..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the pbx is responding that the login/password is invalid (when i know that it's the right one!) so i am assuming the port is ok.

john--turned on the login name (LNAME) option for passwords and it fixed it.
why all the other optivity sites work without it but not this one--i have no clue, and neither does our vendor.
Thanks man.

thanks for the headsup, and no i would not have tried that one

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back