Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAT will not Change 500 Sets/ Setting for WRLS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper222

Vendor
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have Mat integrated with a Opt61C Rls 25 issue 15. Mat has been working fine for 2 years on the older PC. That PC's Harddrive crashed so I installed it on a new PC. After setting up MAT on the new PC everything works great. I retrieved all and have been using it for digital sets for about a month now. I went to change a 500 set and when it goes to transmit in its blind as a bat typing mode it gets lost. It logs in ok then goes to LD 10 ok. Then it types:
REQ CHG
TYPE 500
TN 4 0 0 1
up to this point all is ok.
Then it Enters past the ECHG field and the DES field, all is still ok, the next prompt is WRLS which auto fills out on this switch with a NO and then skips to the next field so when the switch is asking for a DN the stupid MAT tries to type NO for the previous field so it just and ends the process. I hope I explained this ok and if anyone knows what to change it would be greatly appreciated. If more info is needed ask away.

Have you updated your packages and RLS in the MAT system?

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY RETIRED IT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I went under LD 21 or 22??? and printed my PKG I then verified I only had check marks in the MAT for the packages that I had listed on the print. I also verified I had all things checked that I had listed on the print.

If PKG 240 MCMO is marked off under the SYSTEM TAB properties the prompt WRLS will not show up in the MAT 500 set.
If the package is marked on the WRLS prompt shows up again, try to play with these settings......

I had the same problem and I'm running OTM.I used the maintence terminal to take OTM out of the picture and I still couldn't get past the WRLS prompt.What I did was prt all the TN's on the card,out them and re-built them and on the first port I re-programmed I answered "no' to WRLS.Then it defaulted to "no' on the rest.It seemed like someone programmed the first 500 port on the card when it was new to WRLS "yes" once you do that all the ports on that card have to be WRLS "yes".If you print the Card from the maintence terminal you will see (WRLS)next to each port.Thats how i got around it--hope this helps.

Depending on what version of MAT you have there is a patch or you will have to upgrade to OTM. There is a new wireless prompt that your version of MAT does not recognize.

Thank you all for your input, I tried turning PKG 240 on and off with no change in the results, as for mbendo's suggestion I had this same exact version working on another pc a few days ago before the HD in that PC went bad and I never installed any patches but thanks for the suggestion. MAT SUCKS. What I get exactly is
REQ CHG
TYPE 500
TN 4 0 4 4
ECHG I figure it is entering past this
CDEN Also entering past this
DES WARRM The output of the switch
DES Then entering past this
WRLS NO THIS IS THE PROBLEM THE SWITCH OUTPUTS THIS
NDN O THE MAT IS TRYING TO TYPE NO FOR THE ABOVE
LINE INSTEAD OF ENTERING THE DN
SCH0030 This is the error which simply says to
enter a numberic value no alpha.

OK if anyone has any other suggestions THANK YOU.

It does this twice.

I have the same probleme with OTM and I can't update or change setting now... same error at the same place...
Did you find the solution ?

LCIS TECH
LAND COMMUNICATION INFORMATION SYSTEM
DND

try outing all sets on that card. that rls was bab about that, wrls yes seem to be default, if you copied set 1 to that card you could not add a second set. i don't do mat or otm, but if you can access a term and build a temp set then use otm.. might work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In Mat or OTM try and syncronize the system data. Open the site then click on file and select update system data. This will pull all of the information in LD 21 and 22 and put it in the Customer data for that site. It will set the correct rlease for the switch and proper packages that are loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back