Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAT problem / OTM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
US
I have a 61C switch. I logged out of the MAT yesterday. I then upgraded my CPU to XP Home addition. Now when I go to log into the MAT terminal it tells me the security dongle is missing.I did not remove any dongles from the switch or from the CPU. Is it because the upgrade caused some of the files to be deleted? I am in a fix now because I have no MAT software t reinstall into the CPU and the upgrade to OTM is 2.2. I needed the 2.0 version to run the upgrade which the company never purchased. I may try to load the oTM on a standalone laptop to just manage setting up the phones. Do you have any suggestions.

Thank You in Advance.
Fizer

the sec dongle in question looks like an adapter that connects to the ltp (printer) port of the pc. the 1st time i installed mat,i spent all night trying to find a dongle, didn't know that i needed the printer port dongle since i was using a network printer, not a local. in the pc make sure the ltp port is in working order, if that interupt was changed due to the upgrade, install a local printer, you don't have to add the printer, but do add it to the software with any driver. good thing about mat or otm is it provides some gui shortcuts, bad thing is it keeps you from learning your switch.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I will look at what your saying in the morning. I was working all day on this. The dongle is connected to the sback of the CPU on the print port as you stated. I have a hard line running from the cpu to J14 of the back of the switch which I marked as the MAT connection when the system was installed.
Thanks again for the input. I will let you know what I found.

right, that copper is connected to the comm port for serial connection between the two.. make sure in the switch that the port is not disu, ld 37 stat, hopefully, one of your tty's has the des mat, if it's down, enl tty x.. the problem is mat not booting, even if that copper is not there, mat should boot, just can't talk

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you are running MAT it may not be XP compatible. MAT has been replaced with OTM (optivity tele. manager). It does the same as mat but only it is server based not PC based.

No, MAT is not XP compatible. You can run OTM 2.2 or 2.1 on XP, Windows 2000 Professional, or Windows 2000 Server.

OK. Looks like all the attempts have failed so I am going back to just using the overlay and work directly out of the switch like johnpoole mentioned. Its a lot more work but I will know the switch much better. Thanks again everyone.

Fizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back