Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAT 6.5/M39XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanwim

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
US
I have a problem in MAT. I cannot open any of my M39XX type phones in station admin to view the configuration. Can anyone help me with this. . . .

Afraid you will have to upgrade to OTM. I dont belive MAT supports M39xx.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

It worked before but I had to reinstall the software.....

Did you back-up the patch library & install the patches ??

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Mikey - How did you reinstall MAT?
There were patches after the originall s/w

Check the back-up pc (if still onsite) - there is a way to check the level.

Have never used MAT only OTM. But OTM needed the DES to be M3902, M2616 etc to understand what type of phone it was in earlier versions. Maybe you can go around the problem by renaming the DES to M2616, I don't know. But if it has been working befoure and you reinstalled MAT it sounds like Mr. RCorrigan is into something with patches and library's.

i2007

Old MAT PC is dead - I cannot get anything useful off of it.

There were three incarnations of the beast : one active, one same model underneath it , plus one in storeroom (old ibm) so unless that has been "cleaned-up" you should be able to go back to that.
I know Nortel / BT don't support MAT any more, but last ditch option would be check revision level in either Drieiech or Paris & compare, then do a search for any missing patches.
I might be able to help on that front if you get stuck.

What release is your PBX? MAT 6.5 will not support any 3900 phones that are on 25.40B and maybe 25.40.

PBX software is Succession 4.0. And I know MAT can support the phone becasue it had been doing so untill the PC died that ran the MAT software.

MAT does not support Succession 4.0. Mat 6.6 was last release and it only supported 25.40b. Will need to upgrade to Optivity.

mluckie1 that makes no sense as all other funcion work and as I have said the 39XX phones were supported before the PC crash. so it is obviuosly a setting or a patch. If its a patch I don't have it so can anyone tell mw where to get it?

Look at the properties of the site select the tab marked System data. Look at what the software release is for the system. I know if you set it to 24 or 25 the MAT system should be able to build 39XX series sets. Some of the information may not sync correctly. You could try, open the system and then click on FILE and select Update system data it will pull the information from the PBX. Only problem is it will not recognize rls 4 so I'm not sure what MAT will use for the system data in site properties.

mluckie1 is not wrong. Read the documentation for MAT and OTM. MAT does not (fully) support Succession. If you set the system type in MAT to a 25.40 system, some functions will work. You're best bet is to upgrade to the latest version of OTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back