Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master Document page layout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlyadamsuk

Technical User
May 22, 2003
US
Hello All

I am writing a book, that uses various page layouts, dependant upon the chapter/item ( its a technical manual with loads of images )

I would like to have a template that can be re-used for various sections thus retaining the look n feel - AND I dont want to be dicking around making it look that way manually.

How do I set up image place holders to hold the images i later attach to them?

I want to retain a master sizing/positioning for any image used depenant on its holder.

When setting up your master pages you can create the first, then base the others off of the original. You can always alter the actual pages a bit. We found that out yesterday when we went to change copy from an item on a master page.
When making the selection of what you want to work with, use the command-option keys to select a master item to change it. Hope this helps.

thasts what I found. I could add the frames to the master, and all doc pages would hold them - then I could select the frame on the doc opage . command overrides I will have to try - but it rungs a bell from a book ( RealWorld Adobe InDesign ) - maybe I should have bought it.

:)

I have to say that I found the info in the Help file contained within the program. In the learning process I found that it's probably one of the most helpful Help files I've found. I got about 80% of my questions answered there.

Is Pagemaker really on its last legs? Using 7 on a Mac and have been told that Mac OSX isn't friendly to Pagemaker and should switch to InDesign - basically doing page layout and ad design. Hate InDesign, having become a PM junkie - what to do, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back