Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

master/detail page

Status
Not open for further replies.

teferi2002

Technical User
Sep 24, 2005
US
Is it possible to create a master detail page using to gridview control,by creating a link in one of the fields in the first gridview control to another gridview control.
thanks

Yes it is. There are many examples if you search with google.

Thank you all for the help and response. In my case i have a 4 columns and 5 rows with one of the columns will be linked to a new gridview control which will have a lot of records to be displayed once i pass the value using a querystirng.I did try to use gridview1 for the first page and gridview2 for the second page.The first page works fine value passed correctly but it just shows me a blank page and i do not really know what is going on. I will post my code if that helps. many thanks

Thanks, jbenson. I love MSDN.

teferi,

It's probably the way you're trying to bind the data. I'm sure someone can help if you do decide to post the source.

Yes, please post your code so we can help you figure it out..

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back