Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master Console Sessions Hung

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonViar

Programmer
Nov 15, 2003
US
I am looking in my master console and I've got sessions showing as still active from two years ago. We have rebooted the system many times over the years, but these sessions never clear out. Does anyone know how to make them go away?

Try deleting the m90seXXX where xxx is the station id of the hung session. the file should be under the mas90\home\session folder

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

I just deleted the files from the session folder and I still have the old sessions showing up in the Master Console.

Subject:
Ghost users or Phantom users appear in Master Console. User Codes are listed in Master Console even though they are not logged into MAS 90. Msg "... is in use by another task" may also occur.

Explanation:
A user's Terminal ID record may still have a flag set indicating that the User is still in MAS90, usually due to an ungraceful exit, possibly from a system crash, hanging, or End-tasking (Ctrl-Alt-Del), or turning off the computer before closing MAS 90. If this problem occurs regularly, it may be necessary to troubleshoot the actual cause.

Possible Resolution:
Delete the User's Terminal ID record (TID) in SY0CTL.SOA, through Data File Display and Maintenance (DFDM)

Note: Caution should be taken whenever File Analysis and Utilities is used. Improper use can result in data corruption. Assistance by a MAS90 support technician may be necessary.

Note: If "File xxx.soa is in use by another task" has occurred, first verify that the file has not been locked by the network. Deleting Terminal ID Records from SY0CTL will not resolve this error if the file is locked. If the file is locked, this procedure may not be necessary after the lock is removed.

1.Have all other users exit MAS 90 and note the phantom Terminal IDs still listed in Master Console.
2.Open LM / Repair / Data File Display and Maintenance.
3.Enter "SY0CTL" (no quotes) in the 'File Name' field. The path to the file will now appear
4.Click on the 'Key Scan' button, then click on 'Search'.
5.Enter upper-case " T ", and click on the 'OK' button. A list of records will appear.
6.The TID will display in plain-text on the right side of the list (e.g. (T101) ). Use the 'page-down' (double-arrow) button to scroll down the Keyscan list until the desired Terminal is found.
Note: The plain-text TID will not display on MAS 90 3.41 through 3.51 if the single-arrow buttons or the keyboard's down-arrow key is used to scroll. Also, the TID will not display on MAS90 3.40 and prior versions. Select the first 'T' record and browse through the records until the desired record is found.
7.Click on the desired TID record (e.g. "T101") and click the 'Select' button. The 'T' record will appear.
8.Verify that the TID is correct and click the 'Delete' button.
9.The message "Delete current record?" will appear. Click 'Ok'.
10.The next record will automatically appear on the screen. Continue to delete the " T " records until a different TID appears.
Note: Usually only the first " T " record needs to be deleted, but sometimes all of the records for that TID must be deleted.
11.If multiple ghost users exist, repeat the above steps until all of the ghost users are deleted.
Hope this helps!

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back