Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Master and Child Field Links for Sub-report Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

plengeb

Programmer
Sep 23, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a database in which it has a sub-report within a report. The main report is “rpt_detail Overpays”, and has the overpayments. The sub-report is “rpt_LegitClaims”, and has the legitimate claims. I am attempting to link the two reports (Master and Child fields) with the “Monthly_Sequence”.

Without the links, for each overpayment, all of the legitimate claims print for each of the overpayments as would be expected. I would like for the legitimate claims with a monthly sequence of 3954 to print with the overpayment with a monthly sequence of 3954 and so on. When I put the links in, the legitimate claims sub-report does not print any results with the overpayments.

I have tried establishing relationships between the tables as well, but the links are still not working. Is someone able to tell me why the master and child links are not working and tell me how to get them to work?

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Duane,

There was not such a text box in the section with the subreport. I put one there, and it solved the problem.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back