Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Void Sales Orders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2004
US
What's the best way to void (>900) old sales orders?

I've tried Integration Manager but no success.

GP 9.0

Thanks,
Hung

These are Orders and not invoices? I know you said Void, but I'll put a couple of options one out there.

1. Using SQL, put all of the Orders into a single batch (simply change the BACHNUMB field in SOP10100). Delete the single batch. You will not be able to delete any documents that have been printed.

2. After you have all of the Orders in a single batch, transfer them all to Invoices and then delete the batch of invoices.

3. If you actually need to 'void' them, use a 'Mail Merge' macro that will run through and void them one at a time.

I do not know of a third party product that will mass void. I'll do a search through and see if anything pops up.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Thanks for the response. I had someone manually go thur all the orders and voided them already, but will keep these tips in mind next time. It was less than I expected.

Hung

Wow,

900 orders, I would not have wanted to do that job, hurray for the person who did it!

Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back