Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass replace announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBeat

Technical User
Nov 23, 2015
US
Hello,
We have changed voice talents on our vector announcements and have had the new talent record on new announcement numbers.​
I have over 100 that need changes in various locations. So ideally, I would like to do a find and replace. Replace anywhere that say announcement 8000 is played, change it to 9000 (as an example). I have not had luck with the find and replace option in Avaya site administration. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would save the WAV file from the new announcments and overwrite the old announcement WAV. This is assuming you changed ONLY the voice/audio and not the options/selections. You can do this with FTP and "enable filexfer" then FTP to the VAL/vVAL.

Find and Replace works best if you are changing one parameter under one type of object. For example: F&R stations between 5000 and 5050 with cover path 3 and change to cover path 4.

If you always knew that VDN variable V1 was announcement 8000, then find all VDNs with V1 = 8000 and change to 9000. I doubt you can really do that.

You can run different flavors of list usage (extension, digits) 8000 to find where an announcement is used in a Vector or where it is used in a VDN variable. That's a lot of work, however and I've typed a lot to try to convince you that Randycarroll presents the easier method: Backup the old Announcements and upload you new files.

Thanks.. I was thinking last case scenario at this point is list usage and start plotting out from there. We back up announcements weekly so I will begin looking into the FTP. Thank you all.

Can anyone comment... Is this the best method to change an announcement (overwrite a live announcement using the same file-name/ext)? I was always under the assumption it was best to configure a new announcement/ext and replace the announcement ext in the vector.

I was under the assumption the other method could result in corruption of the file.

thank you

I like the method suggested by randycarroll

using a new .wav file with the same name and copying it to the valboard(s)

No other programming necessary. Easiest solution if you are only changing the announcement that
callers hear. No worries of CM corruption or valboard file corruption.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

You should be able to upload a new file without corrupting anything. To be safe, do so after hours to avoid writing while the announcement is being played.

Thanks, that was my fear... what happens when the announcement is overwriting and it is being played. Thats why I always configured a new announcement and replaced in the vector - can be a lot more work tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back