Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass change of preferred language for voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

echolette

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2005
We are being audited by the government and are asked to change the default voice mail language to french. I have about 900 phones in the building and we're using MAT Navigator to manager voice mails. I also have a terminal attached to the voice mail system but we do everything from the MAT station here (a few floors seperate my desk from the phone system).

Is there a way to do a mass change of that option either using MAT or the terminal ? Or via any other software ? that would save me like "months" of work =)

thank you

a little hard to explain but i would try either config wizard and make french my primary lang, or renane my files to make the names of the english prompts the names of the current french files.. that or learn java real quick

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hmmm i don't see where java would work in this case ? I guess we have an old version of meridian mail. i think our system is only accessible via modem (or serial connection using the terminal)

i will look into config wizard. is that part of MAT or it's on the terminal ?

thanks alot for the quick response. that was really fast

in meridian mail the world does slow down, your right java is not the right tool, use procomm to run scripts in mermail, with the dn's on a txt file, a script would take a few hours to change 600 mb's.. i used one to rebuild a mail with names and secondary dn's.. 1800 mb's took a full day.. i don't have my mail powered up since we are on call pilot or i could help with the script.. if your not that good as freehand scripts, then do a change on a single mb adn use that are the basic script.. script recorder will do the basic. if you've never used scripts taking data from a txt. then record a script, making one lang change, post it here and i will finish the script to take the rest of the dn's from a text

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back