Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking / Tinting / Filtering 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell2550

Programmer
May 1, 2003
CA
I need to alter colour photographs to either be filtered, masked, tinted or whatever the term into shades of one colour. I only know theatre-speak to show you what I'm trying to do - take a regular light and put a blue gel in it to colour everything blue.

I'm trying it in Corel Photo-Paint8 but can't seem to make it work or make the help understand what I'm lookin' for. Is this possible in this program? If not, what program or kind of program am I looking for? My photographs are bmp, jpg, tif, gif, files.

Thanks for helping!

javabearSTL, thank you so much for your quick and potent responses to my many problems/queries! You have now idea how much I appreciate all your help!

oh, forgot to mention - be sure your printer does a proof first to make sure it prints OK.

I've not done a lot of duotone work with PDFs... those will show up as greyscale, i believe because they're to print spot colors... if you DON'T need it to be *really* a duotone, just needed that type of color, you can always convert the image back to a 24-bit color image and it will show in color in your PDF (just make sure you save it as CMYK and not RBG).

Just a note, Corel runs its own newsgroups over at cnews.corel.com - you'll find lots of help and info there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back