Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking Oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terwin

Programmer
May 23, 2002
US
I have a component that attaches a substantial number of movie clips to itself as it initializes. The component, once created, is masked by a pane via setMask. The masking is behaving strangely, however.

The component is draggable, the idea being that it can be dragged around the pane, but is not visible when dragged outside of the pane boundaries. Some of the constituent clips of the component show through the mask, and some do not. Some seem to flicker in and out as I drag the whole unit around. Only one of the clips reliably is visible. Additionally, some of the other clips are visible outside of the pane. If I take a component and invoke setMask on it, do all of its child MovieClips also inherit the mask?

And one last thing -- some of the constituent clips contain text.. and the text seems to show outside the masking area no matter what. Is there some special procedure for masking MC's containing textfields?

Thanks,
T

The text problem is due to not having the font embedded in a dynamic textfield. I'm trying to get my head around the rest of the problem... could you post some code?

Amazingly, once I embedded the fonts in the textfields, everything worked properly.

Thanks yet again, wangbar.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back