Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking dynamic text fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteggo

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
US
Is there a way to mask dynamic text fields?

I made 2 movieclips on 2 different layers, the lower clip containing a dynamic text field. I attempted both design-time masking with layers as well as run-time masking with the setMask() method, but the dynamic text field still bleeds through..

Mike
Frustrated Newbie Flash User

Did you test this online?
What player version as a test player do you have? Regards,

oldman3.gif

I used the test player from the Flash MX developer tool...
Mike

That doesn't answer my questions.

Do you have the latest browser plug-in installed, and if so does your file work when tested online?

The test and standalone players could also need to be updated, you haven't said of what revision number they are.

Regards,

oldman3.gif

I actually found the answer to the problem...With dynamic and input fields, the font outlines are not automatically embedded into the swf file, due to the dynamic nature of these components. So, masking is not possible, according to Macromedia...All i had to do was embed the font, and voila!

Thanks oldnewbie for promptly replying,
Mike

Would have said that from the beginning if you just had said the text isn't masked. I misread "bleeds" for something else. Regards,

oldman3.gif

okies....i'll try to be more clear next time..=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back