Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90 Startup on SCO server from WIN98

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipnrut

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2002
US
I am having trouble running the STARTUP program for MAS90 on my SCO server which is using VidionFS.

I am connecting just fine and the files are being transferred. (MNUMOD.TXT, MNUFILE.TXT, MNUTASKP.TXT AND MNUBIN.TXT).

I never get a splash screen and no error messages show up.

The uxhost and server.m90 processes are running.

I can get to the Profile Editor and make all my changes.

I can connect to another server running MAS90 just fine. Both servers are on the same network however they are using the same licence as my intention is to replace an older machine with the newer one I am trying to setup.

I have tried to run the STARTUP manually using a WindX client to no avail. I can connect but when I try to run the user.m90 executable I recieve an error saying I must run MAS90 from the Automatic mode first.

I am really stumped on this and am looking for any and all suggestions.

Thanks.

I have been connect MAS90 server no problem
with Win98, WinME, Win2000 workstation
If you still have problem let me know.

Problem Resolved!
WEBMIN was using the same port. I was able to capture errors that led to the discovery by first trying to telnet to the port:
telnet 192.168.2.145 10000
This gave me an error indicating http was on the port.
Then I tried to go to the port with lynx:
lynx 192.168.2.145:10000
This gave me the clue I needed. The error indicated that I had no authorization for webmin.
The confusing information was that I could see that the port was listening with netstat -a |grep 10000 but could not see that the port was listening for webmin.#-) LOL

I have solved the connectivity problem but the startup program is still not running. I think I have a ghost terminal running. Does anyone know how I get rid of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back