Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mas90, remote offices and WAN optimization product

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess451

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2003
US
Does anyone use Mas90 with a WAN optimization product (like Riverbed Steelhead Appliances)?

We have a user in our remote office who needs to use Mas90 but not enough to upgrade to mas200. I was wondering if anyone did this instead of TS or Citrix?

Thanks so much in advance!

If you have a single user then I would go with Terminal Services since a couple of licenses are included with the server OS. You can stay with MAS90.

We run mas90 with 2 remote offices and 10 remote users.

We are using GoGlobal from Graphon and it has been working fine for us.

That's really neat. How much does it cost? It might be a good solution to a couple of problems I have.

does it run on a desktop or the server directly? Where do you install the client?

thanks so much!

Go Global is a server application. The setup is very easy...unlike citrix, which I have supported before.

I have 10 licenses for Go Global, and I think we spent about 2000 dollars total...which also comes with a year of product support.

The user goes to a website which connects to go global...there they download the client. They can download an automatically configured windows client, they can download an activex control to run in IE, and they can even download a windows mobile client so they can access MAS90 from their pda phones.

Its better than terminal server and much cheaper and easier than citrix presentation server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back