Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS90 ODBC connecting three tables to UPS WorldShip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotBrown

MIS
Nov 18, 2002
US
Hi all,
I'm trying to pull, via MAS90 ODBC driver, information from three tables. SO5, SOB, and a third table which has UPS service level and telephone information into WorldShip.

When going to SO5 alone, the import works fine. But when there is a left join to another table I cannot pull any info and get the error, "cannot find record".

So far the only thing I have figured out is that I can connect two table with one equal join. WorldShip does not allow two keys apparently.

A programmer friend said it is possible to add a sql statement "somewhere" to allow the UPS computer to pull from all three tables. In MAS90 I assume.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

If you have MS Access,
1.Create a database.
2.Create a LINK in this database to the three tables you mentioned.
3.Write a query in Access to use all three tables together to provide the fields Worldship is requesting and point it to the QUERY, not the databases.
I have used this method in other projects where you are restricted by anothewr programs logic, maybe it will work for you as well.

Good Luck,
Terry Troxel

Help regards just this. We are new to MAS90 but I am not new to Access. I can see the ODBC Driver but I'm not sure what the name of the MAS90 file is (are), or the location, to get my Job Cost data that I can pull into Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back