Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mas90 For Windows - statement printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksholly

MIS
Oct 19, 2006
US
Question...does anybody have a guide to A/R options handy? I have an issue where the statements are printing, but aging about 30 days off of what would be expected. In other words, if an invoice is DUE on 03/01/07, and my statement aging date is 03/19/07, I would expect that invoice to be 18 days overdue, however, the statements show them as being current. In other words, Mas90 shows that invoices that are 1-30 dsys past due fall in the current bucket, but they should be in the 1-30 bucket, which is NOT the same as current. I hope I made this clear enought...let me know if you have any insight on this.

Thanks!

Kurt

The wording on aging is not as clear as it should be. Current means 0-30 days. 30 days means 30 to 59 days, 60 means 60 to 89 days, 90 means 90 to 119 days and 120 means anything over 120 days. So if the invoice is due on 03/01/07 and it is now 03/19/07 then it is less than 30 days past due which means it is current.

I tweaked a few of the A/R parameters (still have to do this manually since I am still getting that error 47 when trying to get into A/R setup options. It seems to be better now in that the I changed the aging buckets that were 030,060,090,120 and I changed them to 000,030,060,090. Any thoughts on if that could have any problematic consequences?

Still wish I could get rid of that error 47 on A/R options.

Thanks!

Kurt

The following tells such...sure wish I had source for this version!

A/R Setup Options to see if there was a proble there, and it came up wih an Error 47 in program ARWSAA line 14020.

Let me know.

THanks!!!!

Kurt

I don't see any error reports directly related to that program/line combination.

If the issue is a damaged AR0 (parameter file) the following instructions may be helpful.

Back everything up before attempting.

To replace a damaged parameter file, perform the following steps.

1. In Windows Explorer or DOS, rename the **XXX directory [** represents the application abbreviation (AP, GL, etc.) and XXX represents the three-digit company code].
2. Start MAS 90. If company XXX is not the current company shown in the Status Bar, change it to company XXX by selecting Change Company from the File menu. Select the appropriate module from the Modules menu. You will be prompted with the following message:

"There are no files set up for this company and this application. Do you want to
create them?"
3. Choose the Yes button. This will create a new **XXX directory. The startup process is initiated automatically.
4. You must define the Setup options for the ** application for Company XXX as it was defined during the initial startup process.
5. In the old **XXX directory, use Windows Explorer or DOS, delete the **0XXX.SOA file (**0XXX.SOA represents the damaged file). Copy all the remaining files in the old **XXX directory to the new **XXX directory. You will be prompted with a message similar to the following:

"Would you like to overwrite the existing files with this file?"
6. Choose the Yes button.

The new **XXX directory will now contain a new **0XXX.SOA parameter file and existing data files.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

I tried just that, but I still get this message. If also tried manually to fix the file, but essentially manually typing in a new parameter record, but neither worked. I thought maybe the program was corrupted, but I tried to replace the program for the oldest backup, from 3 years ago, and the same problem.

Any other thoughts? Do you have source to at least tell me what that line of code is attempting to do?

Thanks!

Kurt

You do need to get the Error 47 resolved. I would suggest getting your reseller involved or calling Sage to get the error resolved.

What version of MAS90 are you running?

Once you are in the AR Options, you should find a setting as to age by invoice date or by due date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back