Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS NuPoint How toTransfer a call to an external phone number ( Dr. Service) at night on and MCD 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbshannon

Programmer
Oct 23, 2012
US
I'm working on an user call director for a Dr they are using this as their AA mailbox 1298. At night they want the calls to route to their service number. I've tried everything and having no luck.
I have another mailbox using the pager dialer to send the messages to her cell phone and that works. So I know my local dialer works, but I can't get this user call director to send the call to service. Is there a sequence I need to dial to transfer? and what kind of transfer do I use?

Simplest would be to use blind transfer to XXXX that is a speedcall with override toll control.

Make sure VM ports are allowed to conference Trunk to Trunk

Easient way to test is to set a phone to the same COS and COR as the VM port and try to do the transfer manually. If you can do it manually, then the VM port should be able to.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

So, does the speed call read out as your just dialing the number 9954654xxxx with the 9 for dial tone or does it need any special characters added?

No special characters needed

Just a question on this, does opening the VM ports for trunk to trunk operation also open them up to hacking? Not wishing to cause panic or anything but am getting paranoid about the number of reported cases of huge bills....if so is there a way of locking them down so thatnumbers can't be changed in the VM? Maybe call director is more secure than the embedded VM?

Think the big thing to safeguard the VM is to make sure 9 or any other trunk access code is not defined in the system. That way is someone dials 9 they will be rejected from the voicemail. In this case creating an entry that transfers to a speed dial allows you to control the destination. Unfortunately with the ways cell phones have expanded in usage you are going to see more requests like this. The good thing in transferrring to a extentions is you remove the ability to have that destination act as a "DISA" port. DISA dialling from a trunk only will work if the extension is the original answer point of the trunk. In this case the original answer point will be the voicemail. Any transfers disable the ability to get dial tone and dial another number.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I think my point was that if its not locked down in other ways then the ability to allow trunks to conference could (unwittingly) open a hole somewhere else on the system. Just a thought. i.e. by not letting VM dial 9 (or any other trunk access code) but that is only in later software IIRC.

true true allowing trunk to trunk does give them the possiblity to connect two trunks. Maybe using the message delivery feature would be a better way but that involves the caller leaving a message and then the voicemail dialing out to deliver it.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I always restrict my VM ports to allow local calls only.

Using the speedcall allows you to override toll control if necessary.

Risk is minimal (non-existent?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back