Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS LinkHandler problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lislis

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi
I have problem with SCCS 4.2 instalation. After reboot system comes up but MM Access link is down. This is caused by problem during startup service MAS LinkHandler#2. It fails to start automaticaly on startup.
After few minutes I'm able to bring it up manualy and everything is working fine up to next reboot.
System Event log gives me description on that failure as timeout with error code 41507. Just before that failure I have another one MAS Time Server with the same eror description and code
Please help

I have noticed that with a couple of the older Meridian Mail systems (current software, old hardware/platform). Or are you using Call Pilot?

What speed is your ACCESS link set at? Was this system installed at Rls 13 or upgraded from an older release?

I'm having the same problem and I'm tempted to change the service from Automatic to Manual. I just started working at this site, and since it doesn't seem to be affecting service I'm waiting til we have a window to reboot before changing its status.

MM is rel 13 upgraded from 11. About ACCESS speed I'm not sure. I will try to get data on Monday

cgilmer, if you are using ACCESS for playing recordings to callers in Symposium, then you need this service to run. If you are not, then you can disable the service.

Yea I know... I think its left over from a bad installation since it was labled "call_pilot" and last I checked you needed version 2 for that to work with symposium and they haven't upgraded here.

Hi once more. I've got my settings. So once more:
MMail is rel 13 upgraded from 11
ACCESS link com2 port speed is set to 9600 with 8N1
Any ideas?

What version of SU patch do you have running on the symp server? U on the latest? SU11 or SU12

i had my system go down because of this MAS service error in meridian mail. what do I need to do to get it up to par.?

If it's the same issue restarting service after system restart would be enough.
If not well a lot of possibilities
You can try
- check connection between SCCS and MMail (access link)
- check this link using MMail tools level access
- check your COM2 settings and it's status

This is an issue with COM 2. The NTP's tell you that if you don't have a valid COM2 on your server to set up a "dummy" IP address when you setup the server. I had the same problem here when I started working here they had it set up that way.. the problem is that dummy doesn't mean invalid. I spoke with someone from Nortel about it while I had them on the line for something else and he said to try and change the IP to something that would return a ping.

Frankly, I've just been disabling the service after reboots. I got in and disabled the service and the server generates less errors and alarms. Along with not spamming the log files.

Just to make sure I don't have issues on reboots I go in and change it back to automatic before I do a shutdown of the services. Then once the reboot is done I go back in and disable the service. You might see some other alarms disappear as well once you do this... I think the "failed to acquire default route 999" went away after I did this as well but it might have gone away in a patch/PEP as they were so far behind here I was having to do several things at once during reboots.

Hi all, last Friday we went from release 13 to release 14 and that solved our problems. As Sandyml suggested, we were using an older system. Also, something wierd to remember. After upgrading we could not get the ports to aquire although they were attempting it. You have to put in one digit for a one digit number and a two digit for a two digit number (ie. 1 not 01). AJK

TheWorkingMan,

Yes these are HP Proliant servers

You need to disable the CLI option in the iLo configuration, F8 in the bootup. Disable this option and you should be fine!!

TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back