Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS Link Handler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venti

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2002
Hello All

If someone would, could help me with this problem.

A customer of us
O81C, SCCS4.2

Everything is patched correctly. I'm affraid that the IT support of them did something with the sybase.

So.. the problem
After a reboot of the SCCS the MAS Link Handler service is not starting automaticly. It is neccessary to start this manually.

Thanx a lot.

Is it set to Manual in the Services panel? (right click My Computer - go to Manager - Computer Management - Services is in there. It is called MAS Link Handler #2).

sandyml, of course not. It is set on automatic startup

TheWorkingMan

To the MMail.

You can add the window option for the VSM service. This will allow you to see how the services are starting on the SCCS. I would disconnect the serial link and see how the reboot goes? You may just have a sync problem. Does the service ever come up on it's own or do you have to start it. I have seen a lot of faster machines that start the services too quick, it then takes the SCCS a second try to sync up on services like MAS Link Handler Port 2.

TWM

TheWorkingMan

The window option for the VSM is set from the begginning.
Everything starts fine, just this MAS Link service don't want to start automaticly, even it is set to start.
When they give me the opportunity tu reboot the server i'll try to disconnect the serial link. It's a 24hours open callcentre.
Strange is, just 2 of the symposiums have this problem. They own and this one whitch is in out support contract.

Tnx for the help

Venti,

What release of Meridian Mail do you have? 13.12, 13.11, or some other version?

I have the same problem on a SCCS 5 with a Mermail 13. I will be opening a case on this problem! Stay tuned!!! And by the way the VSM window is not set from the begining. You have to turn that on in the regedit in windows. But not important now!!

TWM

I don't mean to sound too ignorant here, but if you don't ask questions, you won't ever learn anything. What is this "VSM window" you folks are referring to?

sandyml
It's a release 13. The number after the 13 i don't know right now.

TheWorkingMan
Sure ;).. i ment, it is set in the registers since the installation of the sccs sw ;)

jalawre
It's a window that show you the status of the vsm service and all his things ;). Something like the TFE window

What kind of server are you working on?
Did it ever work? Can you connect a serial cable between the server and a PC and use Hyperterminal without any issues?
We had a recent issue on 2 HP Proliant DL380's and that issue was resolved after disabling the CLI option in the iLo configuration (F8 when prompted in the boot sequence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back